Friday, November 12, 2010

Point summary

I chose this image because it is a graphical and literal representation of what the alternatives unit was about, and how my classmates viewed it.

For my summary I read point essays by, Katherine Mccain, Kayla McDonagh, and Kacie Leisure. All of my classmates had excellent point of view.

For the alternatives unit I loved Katherine Mccains view of breaking the rules. In her point of view she states "The people who help guide our lives do this to keep us on the right path until we can make a good decision ourselves." This quote is directly related to the statement 'know the rules before you break the rules'. All three of my classmates related well to the fact that rules were being bent and broken. Kacie Leisure reminded me that styles were being combined. I think this mixing of styles allowed new styles to emerge by looking at design from a new perspective. By reading these different points, I realize this unit was all about rules being
broken.
32UnifyingEarthsculpturenearPanmunjomtunnelfound1978.jpg
http://www.sarahsensei.net/dmz.html
I chose this image because it's about coming together just like the reflections unit is about style from all over the world coming together.

By reading other points of view on the reflections unit, I concluded that the same thing can be said in many different ways. The reflections unit was all about change. Many different design voices could be heard at once. It was about bringing these different perspectives together. From revolution to thinking outside the box, something new and exciting was about to happen. And design was influenced by many different parts of the world.
I enjoyed my classmates way of writing on the unit purely from their own perspectives aand understanding rather than using a lot of examples of architecture. After reading these points, I will make my final point essay more from my own perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment